cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Microkasm Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios lockout probook 4440s

ProBook 4440s

Hello Everyone, i picked up this probook 4440s at a yardsale out of town the screen was cracked so it was a good Deal because i like probook and pavillion's Hdmi interface. I can use it on my entertainment and games center. Anyhow to shorten story i get home and the the bios is locked,  Here is system's info:

Hewlett-Packard

Hp ProBook 4440s

C5M40US#ABA

[edit]

A741C104862EE3119673CE39E7DCE808

00/00/0000

A1019D110C

17F3

PCWBB1B2G5I1N2                  system board ct

68IRR Ver. F.42

07/16/2013

INTEL  2130

58.1F

Intel(R) Celeron(r) cpu B840

1.90GHz

4096 MB RAM

No Battery Present

VQF-RT5390

I am not sure about the system board ct as to if the "/1N2"  is correct or if it is "l1N2" I hope that the tech wilol know the difference.  Is there any help? Please i would most certainly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Provost
Provost
26,040 24,632 3,549 7,921
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Microkasm

For that model you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Phone >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Chat >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

Please DO NOT try to remove the BIOS/RTC battery as the SMC.bin file is time sensitive.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
Microkasm Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I contacted HP, got the smc. bin file, but i wanna leave the forum with something that i may need additional help with. Ok, before I first time contacted you i tried updating the bios, it updated but i believe that this is the reason it did not work for me because the update reset the time and date. I cannot get the old bios back on the computer. Any suggestions. I will be contacting HP again, LOL, any more suggestions. Hey you guys are great thank you.

0 Kudos
jc019 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

me puedes enviar el archivo a mi correo para probarlo en mi latop [Personal Information Removed] gracias

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation