Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
christserv Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios problem no display caoslock blinking

hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
everytime i on my laptop no display on screen but capslock blinking 3x and 2 seconds interval.. how can i fix it
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios problem no display caoslock blinking

Please read the below shown information for better understanding:

Caps lock LED Blink 1 time : CPU not functional - Replace Processor

Capslock LED Blink 2 times : BIOS Corruption failure - Replace System board 

Capslock LED Blink 3 times : Memory error not functional - Replace Memory Module

Capslock LED Blink 4 times : Graphics controller not functional - Replace either System board or Graphics card

Capslock LED Blink 5 times : General System board failure - Replace System board

Capslock LED Blink 6 times : BIOS Authentication failure - Replace System board

However, I would request with you to perform the below shown steps before contacting HP

Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button on the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Test your Notebook with Battery and Power Adapter alone

Note: If you are still facing the same issue try to remove and reseat the Memory Modules of your Notebook

Click the below link to further troubleshoot the issue if required:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?calledBy=&docId=emr_na-c01732674-5&docLocale=en_US

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation