Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RBrown1 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update

Good afternoon, I have a HP Spectre x360 convertible 13....HP Assistant shows bios update needs to be installed.  The Action Log shows update downloaded and installed 10/27/16; however, a reboot is required to complete installation.  What should I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7945 629 2832
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.

Well, you will reboot the computer early or later... so you can reboot (restart) now to complete the installation or give it a drive and welcome your new BIOS  :)

* Just in case - should you encounter issues, here are some instructions how to restore BIOS - use only in case of emergency > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833/

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
RBrown1 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update

Followed instructions from the linked document..I downloaded and ran the update again but nothing changed.  Somethings I noticed (probably not important, so please bear with me)...the update on the HP download page is ver.F.43 Rev, A, HP Assistant shows Ver.  F.43 Ap1 (pending),  the BIOS install wizard and system info shows Ver. F.43.   Is it possible that BIOS was updated even though it doesn't appear to be a revised version?

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
7945 629 2832
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update

Hi,

Please, restart the computer and enter BIOS to see which version is indeed applied/running

1. Shutdown the computer completely

2. Power it back on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose/Press  F10 to open  BIOS

In the main/front page you should be able to see the version running.

If it is F43 it is probably a glitch in HP Support Assistant. Personally, I am not sure and have never seen different versions such small difference e.g. F 4 3 R e v A   vs  F 4 3  R e v A p 1  ( A vs  Ap 1) - should be the same.

Let me know what it states in the BIOS.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation