cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lamaro Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

blank screen with flashing cursor on start up

When I power up the mini 110 doesn't start. Gives a blank screen and then after a few minutes says to insert the origial disk to restart - but I cannt find the disk. Is there any way to correct the problem without the disk? If not how can I get a copy of the original disk that came with the mini 110?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

blank screen with flashing cursor on start up

Hey @Lamaro, 

Before I provide you with the steps, I would like to take a minute to Welcome you the HP Support Community. I gather from your post that you are receiving a dark display screen with a cursor on your HP Mini 110 Notebook PC. The documentation and steps below should help you solve the issue you are having.

Have you tried cleaning the computer vents with compressed air and then restarting the Notebook?

Did you receive any error messages

Please note: Remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Have you tried Reseating the memory modules?

Follow these steps to remove and reseat memory modules for troubleshooting:

1. Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord.
  2. Remove the cover to access the memory.
  3. Remove all of the memory modules in the computer.
  4. Reinsert all memory modules.
  5. Replace the service cover, battery, and power cord.
  6. Turn on the computer. 

There is a document that has the hard reset steps, connecting to an external monitor steps, BIOS reset steps and Reseating the Memory Module steps in it. The document for you to try called Black or blank screen with blinking cursor

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!

I look forward to hearing your response. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation