Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14 q039wm
Chrome OS
My blue HP chromebook 14 had a low battery when I went to go do something that didn't take more than 20 minutes, and when I returned the screen was blank. I'm guessing it died, so I plugged it in. The light beside it turned on, and was orange, and I let it charge for about 30 minutes before returning to turn it on. The laptop screen was still black. I held the power button for about 10 seconds, then unplugged everything and plugged it all back in. I don't know what to do. When I plug the charger in, the light is white for half a second and then orange, but still no screen. Any solutions?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is your Chromebook still in warranty?

If it is not in warranty and you are confident in your technical ability you can still fix it yourself.

There is an element of risk involved.  The kid who did the following video is quite young, but very bright. His method does work.  There is no soldering or removal of any parts involved. Be very careful while doing this because you cannot remove the battery before opening the Chromebook. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Try this:

Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop

Remove the battery

Press and HOLD the power button for 30 seconds.

Plug in AC adapter and power ON.

IF it boots up normally replace your battery.

HP Recommended

@Azucho98 wrote:

Try this:

Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop

Remove the battery

Press and HOLD the power button for 30 seconds.

Plug in AC adapter and power ON.

IF it boots up normally replace your battery.

I don't think you get the fact that this is a Chromebook. There is no removeable battery.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.