Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
blue screen of death when trying to install XP Pro as dual boot with Vista 64 on a HDX X18-1020US
Replies (12)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 11 of 13 (1,721 Views)

Re: blue screen ...

I am trying to put xp on a vista machine and am having the same result (blue screeen of death) I have tried the things listed in these replies with no luck. Just got done trying formatting the harddrive didn't work. I Don't need vista but I got to have xp for work applications. its a hp dv4-1145go. any help would be greatly appreciated
Master's Graduate
Message 12 of 13 (1,715 Views)

blue screen of death when trying to install XP Pro as dual boot with Vista 64 on a HDX X18-1020US

now, I have had no problems formatting notebooks with vista and throwing xp on it but it might of been the version of XP I was using to format ... now I am just going to suggest it .. do a search on Google for something called "XP Black Edition" .. it has drivers in it currently, that loaded with all machines I have formatted ... if you get that ... use the drivers it has and use NLITE to incorporate them in your own XP Custom Install Disk ...

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
Honor Student
Message 13 of 13 (1,666 Views)

Re: blue screen of death when trying to install XP Pro as dual boot with Vista 64

I found a different sata driver on intel website got me passed the problem. the driver on the hp site did not cover the version that I have Even though it stated that it did but after futher research it seems that the one I have(ich9m/m-e family 4 port sata ahci controller - 2929) was not covered. 2929 being the difference. The driver list all similar hardware 2928 2930 Etc. hope this helps someone else.
also I obtained xp black edition this woked well also
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation