cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

blue screen

HP Recommended

hi

i have G62-450SA

Originally had 3 gb ram 

now i upgraded to 4gb from hp spares

suddenly sometime it goes to blue screen!

i install the ram properly with all the procedure i.e. removing battery and pressing the power butten several time then installed the ram.

Please help or advise me how i can remedy this proble.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI surend,

Thank you for your inquiry. I will do my best to help!

I understand that after adding additional ram you are having Blue Screen issues.

I suggest you install 2 2GB cards for a total of 4GB ( 2, 1066DDR3 2DM G62-10 MEMORY ). During my research, I did not find any place that states your system will support a 4 GB card.

Here is the specifications for your model. HP G62-450SA Notebook PC Product Specifications. Here is the user guide also. Notebook PC User Guide. 

Please note page 88, Adding or Replacing memory.

Here is a document on Troubleshooting Error Messages on a Blue Screen that may Occur During Startup or Boot

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation