cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
agaldos Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bluetooth not showing up in device manager

HP Pavillion Elite HPC 150 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know that bluetooth is there because it shows up in the Services list and I am using a wireless mouse and a wireless keyboard. However,  Bluetooth does not show up in the Device Manager List. Yesterday I tried to install a FitBit and it told me that I don't have Bluetooth, so I was unable to install it. I know I have Bluetooth but I can't see where I can either update the driver or fix it some other way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
102,707 96,783 14,999 23,101
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Didn't you have to plug in a little USB thing for the wireless and keyboard to work?

They don't normally run off the PC's bluetooth radio. The USB dongle is the wireless device that works with those.

All PC's with Windows have Bluetooth services, whether or not the PC actually has bluetooth hardware.

If you don't see a bluetooth radios icon in the device manager listing, then your PC does not have built in bluetooth networking.

The easiest thing to do would be to puchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

I use this one on my HP business desktop PC and it works for what I use it for.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

Since your PC is a Configured to Order (CTO) model, there are no specs that indicate whether your specific build has it or not.

It could have come with built in bluetooth networking on some models.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-Elite-HPE-100-Desktop-PC-series/4079700/model/412462...

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to enter the product number of your PC in the part surfer website at the link below, and see what parts came with your PC.  Sometimes the part surfer will give exact info, and sometimes it will list all possible options.

The product number of your PC can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

0 Kudos
agaldos Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.  I wonder why FitBit told me I didn't have Bluetooth. I put the dongle in but it still said it couldn't go forward since I didn't have Bluetooth. I wonder if the adapter would fix this? So confusing, but thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, if you purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter like the one I got, any of your bluetooth devices should connect to your PC such as your mobile phone, bluetooth speaker, etc.

agaldos Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the one in the link above, but when it arrived it doesn't say it supports Windows 10, so I'll try and see if it works. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome

It does.  Mine's working just fine on my HP 8200 Elite CMT running W10.

Didn't even need to install any drivers for it.  W10 had them.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation