cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
DS_11 Top Student
Top Student
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bright spots on monitor

envy 15-j104el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, My monitor presents two brighter spots. They are symmetric and their length is about 3 or 4 cm. One is in the left side far 5 cm from the edge end the other one is symmetric in the right side. The color of the pixels in these spots are good but they are brighter respect the other parts of monitor. When I ask to the retailer he said me to wait that the spots could disappear. But now I prefer to ask you some other details. Thank you very much

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
19,557 17,467 1,624 3,818
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bright spots on monitor

Artifacts like this indicate impending hardware failure -- could be in the backlight (although not likely) or in something related to the screen.

Either way, my suggestion is to contact HP Customer Care to see if anything can be done under HP warranty for your machine:  Contact HP Customer Support | HP® Customer Support

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
DS_11 Top Student
Top Student
5 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bright spots on monitor

Thank you for your answer. There is another problem...I discover that the warranty for my laptop was expired the last 19 september. I discovered later that the HP warranty is only for one year. The retailer said me to wait for some month and I trusted him. Now I have a fabric problem to my monitor and I had to pay for it. I have contacted also the Hp assistant some month ago by phone and she suggested me to wait for software updates.

Denis Sangaletti

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
19,557 17,467 1,624 3,818
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bright spots on monitor

Well then, you have a decision to make regarding whether to pay to have the monitor repaired, or replace it.  It's generally cheaper these days to replace a monitor as the repair costs typically exceed what a new monitor costs.

Sorr, I can't help you regarding HP Support as I am not an HP employee or affilicated in any way with HP.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation