Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mustahseen Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

brightness keys are not working

hp notebook 15- be001tx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I buyed hp laptop. It came with DOS but i changed it to windows 8. But the brightness keys were not working. But all others keys were working properly.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP does not post Windows 8 drivers for that laptop just 7 and 10. Check device manager and see what is showing for display adapter. If it is Microsoft Basic brightness adjustment will not work. I suspect you need quite a few drivers for it which we are going to have to help you get from hardware manufacturer sites. 

Post back with identity of display adapter. 

0 Kudos
mustahseen Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is microsoft basic display adapter
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then you need a video driver. Have you tried to update from device manager?

0 Kudos
mustahseen Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No actually i haven't install any drivers yet
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One by one we need to go through the devices in device manager that have no driver and get their hardware ID and we can help you find drivers. 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2089404/how-to-easily-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-windows.htm...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation