cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tk94040
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

broken hinge envy 17

Envy 17 TouchSmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 17 TouchSmart j023cl notebook, never transported outside my office nor dropped it. I have the exact same problem that other people have. The mounting base of left hinge got broken, and some plastic fragments are falling out of case. The bottom case started to separate from the top cover if I don't hold the two together when I close the laptop.

I do not believe this to have occurred due to any fault of mine. My warranty has expired on August 2015. I’d like HP to fix it for free, or send me needed part and I will take care of it.

Thanks,

--

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
GPU-2
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

broken hinge envy 17

HI.

In stock display hinges W / SUPPORT CURVE 720238-001 

Top cover:
For use only on HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC computer models 720272-001
For use on HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook PC computer models and computer models
Equipped with a non-touch screen display with Leap Motion Capability 736483-001
For use on HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook PC computer models and computer models
Equipped with a non-TouchScreen display assembly, but not equipped with Leap Motion
Capability 720271-001

(Base enclosure:

For use only on HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC computer models

720226-001

Base enclosure for use only on HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook PC computer models with Leap Motion capability 736476-001

Base enclosure for use only on HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook PC computer models without Leap Motion capability 736475-001

Computer major components 25 Item Component Spare part number Base enclosure for use only on computer models equipped with a non-TouchScreen display assembly.

Here I leave the Spare part
Number and the document of how to buy it in HP:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372736

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation