cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
woodstock74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bugcode_usb_driver, Pavillion G6

Oh happy morning and a blue screen of death.  Had noted the last two days that the computer was shut down each morning, and some how related the mouse started acting goofy, something was up.  Ran scans and nothing showed amiss and then today I left the screen open and was greeted by a BSOD.

2012-04-10_05.55.57.jpg

FML...Now, the only corroborating incident occured on Sunday afternoon when I plugged my Canon SLR into the USB.  I've done this plenty of times before, but this time it hesitated for a second and then "downloaded software" or whatever.  The laptop was fine the rest of the afternoon and it was only later that night problems began to occur.  I closed the laptop and went to bed and my night shift wife came in to use it around midnight, opening it up and having to reboot it (usually closing the laptop only puts it to sleep).  She also noticed the mouse wasn't behaving at all and used the mouse pad on the laptop.  She did her thing and closed it.  Next morning I opened it up and had to turn it on.  So I knew something was up but it wasn't until this morning, when I had the above BSOD, that I had any inkling of where to begin.  So what the hell do I do now?  Where on earth do I begin to debug this problem?  And how on earth can a month old laptop have this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
woodstock74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bugcode_usb_driver, Pavillion G6

I'll post the minidump tonight when I get home.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation