Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Brian_0007 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bypass logon password to open PC

Pavillion DV6

I cannot open the PC (DV6 from 2010, belongs to my son) as the password has been forgotten. Can HP help me?

The advice we received was to open a browser...but if we cannot open the PC, we cannot open a browser!

Once the PC is open and we log on, there is no issue.  I can always change the admin password...

Please help!

Brian Burr

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bypass logon password to open PC

Please read the following HP document. Unfortunately, we do not help with Windows passwords. Often you can have that done by a local technician or a PC\notebook shop. Call on the phone to verify that they do offer the service before taking your PC to them.  It isn't very expensive and should take just a few moments.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-help...

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation