cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nekko
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

can i reset my login password from bios meum

HP Recommended
pavilion dv7
My brother passed away. An left me his laptop its a hp pavilion dv7 I'm not sure if its windows 7 or 8 but when it comes on it has like a lil fish with a couple bubble then comes to a screen that lifts up to the password screen it dont have the password hint or nothing like that just the power/restart an ease of access at the bottom ... So someone helped me with a code that got me passe the admin password an in to the bios can I reset the login password or get to windows to change It from bios menu
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,583 30,490 2,788 6,735
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

nekko

Sorry, but can not set or reset the Windows login password from the BIOS, they are entireley unrelated.

Unfortunately, on a community forum, we have no way of authenticating ownership or access for an HP device, with the result that anyone can come here claiming to have lost or forgotten their password, and if we tell them how to bypass that, we could very well have aided access to a lost or stolen PC.

My suggestion is that you contact HP Customer Support to see what they are willing to do for you.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation