Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ravelon Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't create recovery media by usb flash drive or by CD

Pavilion dv6-6181TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Sir I need some help here.

I cant use my HP Create Recovery Media. I cant create recovery media by USB flash drive or by CD.  everytime i tried to do it, it corrupts my flash drive.

i tried to reinstall my windows 7 system and when the installation finished and reboot, something pops up like a DOS command for about 1 to 2 seconds and then disappears as you can see the message below.

maybe its because of this that I cant create a recovery media.

im planning again to reinstall a clean copy of windows 7.

a1.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Ravelon,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6-6181tx Notebook and issues with Recovery media error. Try a Hardware test.

Here is a link for common issues with Recovery Media.

HP and Microsoft recovery software allows you to make only one recovery backup per licence key. So if you have already created a media recovery disk this could be why you are getting the error.

Have you changed anything with the Hard Drives.

Please let me know.

Please click the Thumbs up and Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Ravelon Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i remembered i had created more than 4 partitions,

after that i used again the system recovery but i cant do that because i have received these messages:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

but i saw some instructions from the forum on what should i  do if I encounter those problem

that If I have more than 4 partitions I will need to delete the extra partition/partitions, then convert the hdd back to Basic.

then they suggested that i need to use the

Older versions of Partiton Wizard Free work:

so yes i have followed all of these. i have deleted the extra partition and my hdd returned again to Basic. but after a long time, when i try to recover again my system  i received this 1 to 2 seconds pop up message that immediately disappears.
what should i do then?
a1.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Ravelon,

It is looking for a second Hard Drive. Have you changed anything with the Hard Drives?

What happened with the Hardware test?

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Ravelon Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hardware test passed.

below are some of my saved message from the forum, i hope you can figure out the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6181TX-System-Re...

I think theres some problem with my system when i tried to repair it using one i had download from thepiratebay.se  and I input this commands in the command prompt: (this is prior to the solution you've given above, when I tried to repair it by my own before i saw your reply.)

chkdsk c: /f

exit

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootsect.exe /nt60 all/force

and then...

bootrec.exe /rebuild bcd

i dont know where did i get these instructions i forgot the exact website address that offers to solve my problem regarding the system recovery.

so i guess this(unsured copy of windows 7 from thepiratebay) replaces all of the original installed ones( the BCD data or boot files, whatever they are) especially the one from the System Recovery Drive D when i input these commands. I guess there are some files that shouldnt be part of the original System Recovery but became part of it, replace some of it when i input those commands Then i followed your instructions above the next days and reformat my system using that system recovery.  i dont know how to explain it properly well in english but i guess you know what im trying to say, thinking or trying to imply.  

thanks again for your help.

after this i used the parition wizard to restore the hdd back to basic. but as I said that pop up message always appears everytime i restore the system back to its original factory condition.

thanks again.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation