Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
asifansari2010 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

caps lock blinking , but not in any sequence , randomly

Hp N 209 tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Suddenly a week ago , the caps lock key started blinking without any sequence , sometimes 2,3,4,5 time and sometimes always on , and do not respond to whenever i click on it .

updated bios ,
did diagnostic check which hp provides while startup ,
processor and memory seems good in that

tried reseting also , drained electrical charge also by pressing power button for 30 seconds after removing battery

its very uncomfortable as i have to work on documents.

cannot leave my laptop at service center as i have to use it daily.

please help.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @asifansari2010,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that the Caps Lock light is blinking but, the sequence is random or it is lit constantly. You have updated the BIOS, and no issues were found on startup. Are you connecting directly to an electrical outlet and not using a power / surge bar? Here are two links that I hope will help.

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

Please let me know the results.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
asifansari2010 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MY CAPS LOCK KEY is blinking 1 times in intervals and sometimes many times, sometimes its on for many seconds automatically, i dont know what to do please help. I have tried to update BIOS and still the problem is same , tried to downgrade from windows 10 to original windows 8.1 and problem is the same. ResetTING the laptop is NOT HELPING please help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17773 17725 1438 2457
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@asifansari2010,

Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! 

I’d like to help!

As I understand the capslock key is blinking once in every interval (at several occasions), you have updated the BIOS, downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1 but the issue persists, Here's what you could attempt:

information about the blink codes: click here

In this case, it's a "CPU not functional" and the steps to resolve:

Attempt a Hard Reset to remove any excessive static/power causing the issue,

(To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery), use the following steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

10. After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

If the issue persists, please contact the HP Technical Support (For a free repair service, if the computer is withing hp warranty),
They can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation