cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Densipe Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

charging light On whenever my battery run down

HP core i5
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good day friends,

please my core i5 is not functioning properly, the charging light will not off whenever my battery run down, then even if i charge the battery the system will not beable to On until i remove the battery and put it back before it will on and this have been making the battery to drain quick. 

Please help me on what to do to stop this problem.

thank you

Peter

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Densipe,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process.

I grasp that you have an issue with charging the battery. When the battery is drained, your charging light does not turn off. After charging the battery, you  are unable to boot up until you have removed and replaced the battery.  After completing this process the battery drains very quickly.

Here are two links that should help you overcome this difficulty: HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎 and  HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista)

Please let me know the results.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
906 905 47 100
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In order to help it is important to know what product are you asking about. Just saying core i5 is not enough to identify your laptop. it if is a commercial/business product this is the correct forum, otherwise, there are separate forums for consumer class laptops

let us know which model do you have

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation