cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Resmus Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

charging port issue

Hi, guys, this is one of the emails which was sent to HP. Please go through that. My question is "Are they providing the best support?"  /////////// ToThe unfaithful HP support.  

Hi,

I'm one of your customers who suffered a lot of damage just because I bought one useless HP laptop 15-ac170tu, .  Ever since I purchased this laptop I had nothing but issues, you can case history on this laptop. I have faced some weird issues which no one has ever faced. It came with DOS and I have installed Windows 7 on it. At first, wireless on this laptop would not work properly. Let's say my internet speed package speed is 40.00 Mbps my laptop only gives me 21 to 23.00 Mbps(issue with the wifi range as well). All other laptops (my friends) would give 36.00 to 41.00 Mbps. I have installed the drivers using HP support assistant and I have tried other wireless drivers which were suggested by hp support employee on your hp support community. This all happened on the second day of purchase(I ordered it on November 10th and received it on November 22nd, 2015 ). One engineer(i would rather call him a technician) was deployed to my home and he was able to figure out the issue and he confirmed that there was internal component connection issue and he corrected the connection and I was getting average speed and good wifi range.  The problem has not resolved yet as I've started facing this issue again after three months, HP Support assistant updated the drivers automatically. The speed got down but the wifi range was not an issue. So I raised another case, case in another case and it went on forever. No was able to resolve it.Finally I myself was able to detect the root cause of this issue. If my Bluetooth is active it affects my wireless speed. At that time, I had the option to turn off the blue tooth and I used to good speeds. I was happy but HP support assistant updated the Bluetooth driver this time and I lost the option to turn it off and here we go the problem has begun.  At last one engineer was able to understand the complete issue(the others were not able to, some of them were not want to understand) and he came up with an idea. He brought Broadcom wireless component with him and he replaced the Realtek with it. We tested it and my laptop was getting gooed speeds on the wireless network. He put an email for the order of wireless component but I was told it would take some time, I was okay with that. Later, I have received a call from a local service center stating that they cannot replace Realtek with Broadcom as the device came with Realtek and not Broadcom and they have sent some driver links and asked me to install them and I have done that. Now the issue was fixed for a little period of time.  In the meantime, you people have wasted a lot of time, my week offs.  The issue started again because the drivers were updated(I knew about this but I wanted to see if I get this issue whenever I update the drivers or not). So, your drivers have created a lot of mess. One engineer was sent to my home and he was so arrogant. We had an argument, he says that "you are getting good speeds on the laptop(half of the actual speeds are good to him because he's not paying my internet bill), there's no issue with our laptop".  I was really pissed off, he tried to update the blue tooth and wireless driver with some old drivers which he had his driver pack.  The issue was fixed and he doesn't know the exact drivers(driver numbers starts with sp...) which resolved the issue as I wanted him to save those drivers on my device.  *some technicians which were sent to my home are completely useless.  At last, I did one thing to fix this issue, I have uninstalled the Bluetooth driver and the USB(they are in one hub) and I'm getting good speeds(the actual speed which I should get from the beginning).  Now to the other major issue which I have been facing since the month of October(I noticed it in the month of October) is the issue with the charging port on my laptop.  It charges the battery for some time and it halts for a few seconds and then it starts charging the battery again. It's like a bulb who turns off and turns on on its own.  One of representative was able to understand the issue as she took the remote access of my laptop and was able to monitor the behavior of the battery.   Later, she told me that my product is not under warranty. I was shocked as I still believe that my product is under warranty(till November 22, 2016). She made me some website and I was able to check the warranty and it shows the warranty was expired on November 9th, 2016.  That's really awesome......I ordered it on November 10th and I have received it on November 22nd, 2015. But you people start calculating the warranty period right from the generation of the Invoice which is not fair. I had a lot of arguments and discussions and I were told that they would send out a quotation to email regarding the charges for this repair. I told them that if I'm ok with the charges I would go definitely go with it as this is a major issue I would like to resolve it as soon as possible. I was told that I would be receiving a quotation on November 14th, 2016 but i have not received it. So I called support on Tuesday and was given two phone numbers for the service center as the phone support made it clear that they would not support this issue as it was forwarded to the service center. I totally understand that. I reached the service center on call and I was told that I would be receiving the quotation by the end of the day which is November 15th but I have not received anything till now. I have received any call from them.  If this is how you people work then I'm really glad that I'm an honorable customer of the HP. I'm so proud.....you people suck!!!! Oh! one more thing I have wasted 30 minutes of my free time just to type this email so I better receive a reply from you guys.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,772 16,626 1,109 1,756
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

charging port issue

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation