cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

chromebook charging port broken

Chromebook G1
Chrome OS

I bought Chromebook G1s for use in my school. Two of them have stopped charging altogether. I removed the back and looked at the port connection and the it is clearly broken. The very thin connections from the port to the board have broken due to movement during repeated plugging and unplugging of the devices. 

My question is whether or not it is possible to order a replacement board for these machines?FullSizeRender (4).jpg

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,980 41,238 4,501 11,738
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The image you have posted does not clearly show what is broken.

Can you provide another image?

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
149 147 6 11
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How old is the machine if it's 12 months or less it's covered by HP warranty or by the warranty of the retailer you brought it from?

James

PS: If you can't submit for warranty repair could we have the full product number of the chrome book to look up part. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not under warranty. 

Product # F3X85AA# ABA

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Parts are available. Do a Google search for a specific part if you can find the part number on it.

http://www.globaldirectparts.com/HP-Chromebook-G1-J2L40UA-Parts-s/24431.htm

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product # F3X85AA# ABA

Not under warranty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, the site that is linked doesn't have parts for my particular model of HP chromebook, but I will do a more general Google search if I can find the part # on the board. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mrshrimpy wrote:

Thanks, the site that is linked doesn't have parts for my particular model of HP chromebook, but I will do a more general Google search if I can find the part # on the board. 

Good plan.

That is exactly why I suggested a Google search if you have the part number.

@mrshrimpy

It  appears that you might have to lourchase a motherboard duaghterboard set to acquire the charger DC input port.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation