cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

chromebook 14-x015wm
Chrome OS

I've got a chromebook that goes to the start screen and says no network.  I click on the X'ed out wifi icon and click on "no network" and the next screen say "wifi is turned off" and has no options to turn it on.

I've tried the powerwash and made and ran the recovery USB drive from the app and it comes up exactly the same way saying no network.  I do have a 2nd laptop running on my wifi network sitting 3' away.

What could be going on?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

Hello @sjts,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the WiFi, and wanted to assist you!

First, try reviewing the following resources, and let me know how it goes:

How to troubleshoot your Chromebook's internet connection

Fix connection problems

(These are not HP supported Web sites).

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

I've looked at those articles before.  They just DO NOT pertain to this issue.  Basically I'm stuck at the very first screen ( select keyboard layout, language, and network, and 5 boxes underneath like there are 5 steps to get it started) with no network and a greyed out continue button.  There are little to no options available. 

I've been searching the interwebs for 3 days now with no luck.  I guess my next will be to see about warranty repair/replacement as I'm beginning to think this has a hardware issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

Hello @sjts,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If the issue is hardware related, then you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

Considering, no one on the internet seems to have any better ideas.  It seems like there should be a reasonable fix or at least a way to do additional work or testing on the wireless connection. 

Is there any thing to check or change in developer mode?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

Hello @sjts,

You can try checking the Wireless Module, to see if it is loose, or defective.  You can use the following guide to assist you, if needed: HP Chromebook (model numbers 14- x000 through 14-x099) Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 5, Page 29-30).

Let me know how it goes.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

I opened it up last night.  It looks like the wifi card is built into the mobo on this model.  Couldn't see any signs of damage and the antenna cables were tight. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

Hello @sjts,

If you have exhausted all solutions mentioned above, then you may consider contacting HP Phone Support.  Please post back with the results.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

chromebook no network

yep, contacted support.  After explaining in 1 parargraph what was going on and the few steps I'd tried and the reply was, "we'll send you a return box for repair".  Assuming it comes back working fine I guess that's the fix.  thanks for your help SDF15!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation