cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bigc2892
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

clean install windows 8.1 for HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b010us

HP Recommended

I need to know the steps to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 for my HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b010us.  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
waqar_kamboh
Level 4
118 117 8 23
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do U have recovery Drive???? I mean do your PC has came with default Installation with Windows 8.1? Or u have a CD/USB and u want to refresh the whole system????

Regards
WAQAR AHMED KAMBOH

Please click on the KUDOS BUTTON on the left of this post as a sign of THANKS GIVING
Please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if your problem Solved.
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,583 90,460 11,637 24,934
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine came with Windows 8, you can ignore few steps from the following article:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/ss/windows-8-clean-install-part-1.htm

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Kilroy5150
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's change around the situation.

How about if there's no recovery partition working?

Now, again, please answer the "actual" question. How does one do a "fresh" install of Windows 8.1 on this unit?

0 Kudos
Kilroy5150
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've bought/replaced the battery, the power supply then removed the CPU battery, memory, wireless, hard drive, battery, everything i can to possibly clear out what i thought might be a memory problem. The fan runs a little, power button stays lit, wifi button remains orange, and CAPS lock will occasionally blink. The DVDR will also respond to the "eject" button. It won't display on an external VGA monitor. Be honest with me: Is this problem some kind of deal with the CPU possibly over-hearing and the soldering may become loose? If you can help me, help me. If you're just going to talk about my warranty (that i don't have) and tell me to call someone it's probably pointless because they will want me to ship it to you and pay them. I don't want to sound offensive but it's often the case, here, that people are just told to call HP.

0 Kudos
Kilroy5150
6 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I've run into the most destructive virus i've ever seen, it wiped everything as the anti-virus program was trying to remove it. I need to know: How do i install Windows 8.1? I've tried it via a USB stick. I've used the x86 & x64 Windows 8.1 core and it does the same on both. The first oddity i noticed it when creating partitions. USUALLY, Windows will tell you that it has to create another for a swap drive i suppose, this time it didn't do it. It just allowed me to create the partition. Next, i hit the "Next" button for the install and it says "Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files" Now, this doesn't make much sense to me because it already found the 32GB drive and allowed me to make a partition once so why not install? I don't understand what's so special about this machine. I've installed Windows on regular and SSD drives before and never ran into this problem. Please help me by pointing me towards a "procedure" that shows me, step by step, how to make this installation happen.
0 Kudos
waqar_kamboh
Level 4
118 117 8 23
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As far as I understood.... it looks like that your Drive Prtition is Dinamic or other then Basic. If so then you may be needed to change the Partitions to Basic 1st then you can go for further installation.

Regards
WAQAR AHMED KAMBOH

Please click on the KUDOS BUTTON on the left of this post as a sign of THANKS GIVING
Please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if your problem Solved.
0 Kudos
Kilroy5150
6 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Basically, i feel a little left out in the cold with this issue. I bought 20 of these monitors, for my business, and after upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) this feels like a major loss..

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation