Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rgrthumb Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

closing the lid on Pavillion 15z breaks Internet connection

Pavillion 15z-p000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using my new 15z for about 3 weeks. Recently I purchased a Targus Docking station so I could duplicate my laptop screen on a larger monitor. All works well until I close the lid on my laptop, and immediately I lose my Internet concection. When I reopen the lip, walla, the Internet conncection works again. I reviewed my problem with Targus service, reinstalled as directed and the problem is still there. Appartently it is an issue with my laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rgrthumb,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion 15z-p000 Notebook does not keep the WiFi connection while the lid is closed. Here is a link that shows you how to enable away mode. It enables your computer to continue performing tasks, such as recording television programs or sharing video and music, even if you walk away from the computer. Specifically, when the computer is in Away mode.

Please let me know how this goes.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click Accept as Solution to help others find what worked for you!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
rgrthumb Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestions; however, I went through all of these steps with tech support without success. They finally gave up and had me do a system reset. After the reset -- the problem persisted. All the reset accomplished was a lot of extra work on my part.  I'm convinced my brand new Pavillion 15z has a problem from the factory and will be sending it back to HP.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation