Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (6,783 Views)

compaq presario cq60 reinstall windows vista

Hi,

I've tried searching for similiar threads & googling without finding the info.

A friend of mine has a Compaq presario cq60. The computer has now started to bluescreen, and before shipping it of to service we thought we'd try and reinstall windows.. 

I assume this is doable, as he probably got some oem license of windows vista when he bought the computer (about a year ago). Did this come on a cd or as a partition on the hard drive? The more info the better! Smiley Happy 

I have no access to his computer as I'm just helping him over the phone.

Any help is appreciated. 

Cheers 

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (6,762 Views)

Re: compaq presario cq60 reinstall windows vista

[ Edited ]

if this PC comes with Pre-loaded Vista & this is your first time to recover Vista you can follow this method to recover to factore installed Vista...

--> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01525598

look at bottom for "Using the Recovery Manager"

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation