Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

where can I find cyberlink recovery manager software?

I installed a new windows 7 and I found all the drivers difinitions and softwares that came with my dv6 notebook but I couldn't find the cyberlink recovery manager! how can I install it ?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The Cyberlink recovery manager was designed to work with the HP recovery partition and the factory installed Windows 7 HP version OS. The recovery manager will not work with a retail install of W7.

Here is a better solution, go to the control panel and find "Backup and Restore". In the left column find "Create a system image" and "Create a system repair disc". These two applications work together to restore you computer at the time of creation. You can also use your W7 installation DVD as a system repair disc.

Unlike the HP recovery disc's, you can make as many sets as you like.

HP Recommended

Is your Recovey Partition still there ??

HP Recommended

yes, it is but before the windows installation it used to show HP logo and a warning but now just a recovery folder that has a hidden files inside.

HP Recommended

@ HossamAbu Tawela

If the recovery partition is still there you may not need the recovery manager to activate it. Right click on "Computer" and select manage.

In that window in the left column find "Disc Management"  Find the recovery partition and right click on it to make it active, ignore the warning sign and continue. Shut the laptop right down and boot up with out tapping the f11 key and it should boot into the recovery process.

This works almost all the time and keep in mind that this will wipe out all your personal files and folders and your new Windows 7.

HP Recommended

If the solution @ gave you didnt work, then try this :

You can actually get the Recovery Manager from the Recovery Partition, I did this and it worked. Here is what to do :

1-  you need to unhide the files so you can view them, do this : Tools --->Folder options ---> check "Show hiden files, folders and drives"  and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck "hide protected operating system files"

2- Go to your Recovery partition, you'll see folders like these : "hp" and "preload" and ......., if you open the preload folder, this folder contains most of the recovery image, if not all, the files have the ".wim" extension. The recovery manager is included in one of those files, the one I found my recovery manager in is the first one, your gonna have to try all of them to see, but in most cases its the first one, so start with it.

3- Download this software to Mount the ".wim" file : http://www.winmount.com/winmount-free.html

4- Open the software, then click Mount file, now navigate to your recovery part, then preload folder then choose the first wim file, now wait, then a window will pop up with all the files in that wim file, search for recovery manager folder and then past it on your desktop

5- make sure that you unmount the file when your done

6- open recovery manager and and follow screen instructions, it will then reboot, DONT press F10 or F11 or any ....

7- The recovery process should start now !!!

8- if it fails, then inside that recovery manager folder which you pasted on your desktop, there is a file "MBR.exe" or  similar,run it (it will restore the original Master Boot Record) then go to step 6

Just in case you dont know, wim files are like rar files, to access the files inside a wim file, you need to extract or mount the file.

Hope this helps, note that am assuming that your recovery partition is not corrupted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as solution and click kudos if this worked

HP Recommended

i-s

HP Recommended

Hi, can I boot my hp desktop with system repair disk and do a complete system recvery from the recovery partition....My windows 7 will not start but my recovery parttion is in tact and  F11 does not work

HP Recommended

Hello Iron_Mike_D,

Give these steps a try for performing an HP system recovery for windows 7.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I just used the cyberlink recovery that was installed on my hp and completely lost 4 years of documents.  NEVER AGAIN.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.