cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

defective new hp pavilion

HP Recommended
hp pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On january 20, 2016, I bought an hp laptop pavilion 15-AB224NE -R (P4H28EA) from Dubai Mall from a retail shop for an amount of 870 USD including windows 10 built in. Since that time i was facing a problem from the keyboard in typing when working on windows (like website online, hotmail emails, facebook, etc..)

I spent a lot of money and time as like (purchasing office 2013, antivirus and a lot of time to transfer my previous data)

How can I be sure that I bought a genuine hp ?!!

I would like to get back my money.

Any help please.

Thank you

Joseph

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,753 9,660 783 3,644
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

This keyboard issue is not 100% caused by the laptop itself - it could be Windows or software issue.

Did you contact HP Support previously, do you have an official case record (ticket) for this issue ? 

Did you contact the retail shop (the seller) to report this to them ? In most countries you can return the product within a certain period post-purchase.

Did you try to restore your computer to factory default condition as mentioned here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

I see you have posted here in the forum about this issue.

Please, note that I have asked for your case to be escalated. You may be contacted here in private in the following days.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
Highlighted
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Joseph224 wrote:

On january 20, 2016, I bought an hp laptop pavilion 15-AB224NE -R (P4H28EA) from Dubai Mall from a retail shop for an amount of 870 USD including windows 10 built in. Since that time i was facing a problem from the keyboard in typing when working on windows (like website online, hotmail emails, facebook, etc..)

I spent a lot of money and time as like (purchasing office 2013, antivirus and a lot of time to transfer my previous data)

How can I be sure that I bought a genuine hp ?!!

I would like to get back my money.

Any help please.

Thank you

Joseph

This is a Official HP warranty support issue that hp user forum can't help with you need to contact HP of  Dubai and get the problem resolved.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MMrs (IT_WinSec),

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I bought the laptop including the windows 10  which was built in.

I called the retail shop and an hp service called me from dubai to check if it is a hardware or software problem.

I will send them back tomorrow by express courier if they agree to pay me back.

I requested the retail shop to get back my money but they said they have to be waiting for hp service diagnosis results.

(Sirs, Imagine that you bought a new car or a new product; and after spending money and time , you were obliged to send it back to the workshop for repairs).

From my side, I do not want anymore this defective hp laptop whatsoever the problem (windows or software). I thought that i am buying a prime brand like hp?!! this is not my problem.

I spent good time to find one email address for hp headquarter to raise a complaint but i didn't found any???

When I check hp corporate website, I see thousands of infos but i need one thing: how to raise a complaint to hp headquarter in USA . (zero results).

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

I do appreciate your help to get an email address hp headquarter in USA?

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 422
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Joseph224

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Omar,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Awaiting for an hp contact from an official  hp headquarter from USA.

I am unfamiliar with the forum's private messaging.

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,753 9,660 783 3,644
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With regards to the PMs - you get a notification (copy of it) in your emailbox. You can read them here in the forum by clicking on the envelope icon on top near your username, next to the log out button.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i didn't received yet any private message in my inbox regarding my purchasing of a defective new hp pavilion?!!.

thanks

Joseph

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation