cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lathe Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disappearing ssd memory loss Spectre x360 convertible 15.6

HP Spectre x360 - 15 - ap012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a: 1.) Windows 10 Home 64-bit,  2.) HP Spectre x360 Convertible,  3.) SanDisk SD7SN6S-256G-1006 - 238.47 GB,

4.) System Memory 16GB, 5.) [content removed], 6.) Product # T6T09UA#ABA which I purchased on August 2016.

Installed extra sofware: 1.) Microsoft office 2017 home edition, 2.) Hp Envy 5660 wireless printer, 3.) Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.

I don't use much memory, most all information is stored on a external drive.

The issues started with the Windows 10 anniversary update on September 2016. I contacted the support team which transferred me to HP TotalCare represntative. After the update I lost about 10 gig of memory. The support loaded some software onto the computer, analyzed the system, cleaned up and removed what wasn't needed. I regained my lost memory, Total Care was excellant with their help.

Reoccuring issue started on October 23, 2016. There was no major updates installed on computer, confirmed by HP support representative on chat session not HP Total Care. That morning I had about 182 gig of memory for the hard drive by late eveving when I started to use the computer I checked my storage which was about 175 gig.

The HP support representative took control of my computer did cleanup, deleted files and stuff I don;t know about.

I assumed all problems are resolve, when I looked at HP Product Assistant under the storage tab I found that I had even more memory gone.

As shown here:

SanDisk SD7SN6S-256G-1006 - 238.47 GB

Partition 1 CSmiley SadWindows)

Sector Size 512

Space 178.8 GB (143.48 GB free)

Partition 2 DSmiley SadRECOVERY)

Sector Size 512

Space 9.85 GB (1.24 GB free)

My question is: Where is all the memory going? Why do I continuesly loss memory?

Any help, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The computer is a great product, just this major issue!

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,218 18,896 1,570 2,628
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disappearing ssd memory loss Spectre x360 convertible 15.6

@Lathe Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the SSD memory disappears on the Spectre x360 convertible,

Don't worry as we should be able to work together and obtain more space on your drive:

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
  • Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
  • powercfg hibernate off
  • Enjoy your extra space!

For a related link on HP Forums: Click here (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation