Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

display driver problems win 7

HP Recommended

Just updated my dv5220us from XP to Windows 7 Pro.  Frequently getting message: Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered.  After the 3rd time of flashing message system locks up.  Detail msg contents: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Any suggestions I might be able to try?  Installed Webroot Secureanywhere Antivirus.  No change.  Many thanks for any help offered.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
419 416 26 47
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is some information I found on another forum, that might help you:

As the error message indicates, it’s a driver issue. Updating the driver to the latest that is compatible with Windows 7 should fix this issue.

Card manufacturers often release updates to their drivers to enhance performance or fix compatibility issues. To get the latest driver for your graphics card from the manufacturer, visit the support page on the manufacturer's website for information on how to download and install the newest driver. Make sure you download a version of the driver for this version of Windows.

Additional information:

Update drivers: recommended links

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-drivers-recommended-links

If updating driver software doesn't solve the problem, try reducing (or turning off) graphics hardware acceleration by doing the following.

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution. 
2. Click Advanced Settings, click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings.
Note that some graphics card drivers do not permit you to change settings.
3. Move the Hardware acceleration slider toward None to reduce or turn off video hardware acceleration.

I work for HP, However, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
120,083 110,263 17,572 26,874
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W7 driver directly from Intel for the GPU in your model works better...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18223

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation