Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
19 10 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

display suddenly goes off for V3000 notebook.

Hi Team,

My product name is Compaq Presario V3133AU and product number is RM553PA#ACJ.

I am using windows XP sp 2 operating system.

My display suddenly goes off when i am working on laptop. Screen goes completely Blank.                                                                 Cooling fan is working but seems mother board is turning off. It is happening for past one month.

Wifi and  Bluetooth lights also goes off and also i Cant operate DVD drive after that. 

When i am using power button to turn off laptop , its is not turning it off, i have to manually remove battery and A/C power to shut down laptop. 

Please help me to resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards, 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess you have AMD-based laptop , this is sign of dying motherboard , in your case i would junk this laptop , its not worth repairing.

Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,479 107,660 17,060 26,118
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree 100%.

This was a common problem with HP notebooks that had the nvidia chipset and amd processors.

Very common on the dv6000/dv9000 models.

Regarding your other post about the wireless card disappearing and the info you posted here confirms that the motherboard is in it death throes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 10 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you brothers for giving me such an important news. But i am attached emotionally to this laptop, and want to fight till last drop of blood.

i have heard lot about Amd and nvidia complaints and now it confirms from your words.

I believe there is no solution for my problem . I believe its time to move on.

I wish i could get any saviour but i know it just a fantasy.                                                                                                                                     Thank you so much guys for your time !!!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,479 107,660 17,060 26,118
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Time to let it go...  :Crying:

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation