Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

display

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot (32).png

For no reason this is how my screen looks from time to time. 

The grey area dissapear and shows up again with no clear reason. Any possible solutions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @julmis,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More for you to have the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.

I grasp that periodically for no apparent reason your display has a gray section appear and disappear and then reappears randomly.

Have you done all your Windows updates? Here is a link to the  Windows Update Troubleshooter. Open the Windows update troubleshooter as it may help find additional drivers. It should lead to a forced update of Windows that may not be automatically applied, that could help resolve this issue.  Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?  Have you noticed if the notebook is set in a particular position when this occurs? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7) that may also help. Steps will still be pertinent for Windows 10. Should you like further assistance please provide your exact model of Pavilion X 360? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Good Luck!

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution:" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @sparkles1, 

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! 

I regularly check for updates, but I double checked with both Windows Update Troubleshooter & HP Support Assistance and no additional updates were found. Still, the grey area showed up today and disappeared after some time. I also run Display Issues Troubleshooter and followed suggestions - restared the computer and restarted BIOS. 

The exact model of my computer is:  HP Pavilion 13-a000ew x360 Convertible PC (ENERGY STAR) and the model #: J1R47EA.

If you have any other suggestions on how I can fix this issue I would highly appreciate them!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @julmis,

Thank you the update.

Here are two more links that may help: HP PCs - Blinking or Flashing Screen After Upgrading to Windows 10 and  HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 8, 7).  If the issue remains. please contact HP Support for assistance. With your permission, they can remotely access your system to help determine the issue and overcome it.

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sparkles1

everything was said to be updated, I will see if the problem still occurs and if so I will contact HP support during the week. 

Thank you so much for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @julmis,

Thank you for the update. Please post back the results after contacting HP support.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation