Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
trudo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

displayport not working

elitebook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a monitor HP LA2405wg to an HP 8570p (W7 64bit; AMD radeon HD7570M) through Displayport direct connection without succeding.

the monitor is recognized (I can see in "monitor resolution" in window) and hear the plugin sound.

the monitor start scanning the ports but conclude "no signal" everywhere.

I already updated driver and software through HP utilities.

I already tried power off everything, disconnect all cables (signal and powers) and turn on and reconnect (first the pc, then the monitor) no changes.

Interestingly, if I try VGA connection everything is fine.
When I try displayport (VGA cable disconnected) I can see ("monitor resulution window) an available VGA output non connected and two entries in device manager-monitors (both la2405).

any hint greatly appreciated.

thank you

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
791 34 78
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

displayport not working

if you did not already update your system, then

I recommend the use HP SDM (Softpaq Download manager - www.hp.com/go/sdm) to update the system. When it runs and downloads the latest catalog,

* select 'check for updates' - if not the default when you run SDM
* install auto-checkmarked drivers, NOT the BIOS, at this point
* install any other (ONLY) drivers + Essential System Updates softpaq
* select BIOS update (if needed) and download, then on the downloaded line in the bottom window, right-click the entry and select Install
* Reboot

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
trudo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

displayport not working

Thank you Soccer_Dan,

Yes, as mentioned in the original post, I already updated the system through HP SDM following the procedure you suggest.

Nothing changed.

I was very expecting from this, since monitor and display driver were in the update ... but did not work.

I found unbelievable that I can't connect 2 HP devices through the recomended option and shall stay on the old and lower performig VGA.

regards

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation