Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DickO123 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

docking station issue

Elitebook Folio 1020
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

just purchased an elitebook  and all seemed fine until I put it in an HP ultraslim dock 2013 station and I cannot get the screens to  come up. The computer starts initially showing the Windows startup on the screen and then  screens fade to black. I have tried pressing thef fn key along with the F4  key that doesn't seem to help. I have used the same docking station with another computer and it works fine which leads me to believe the docking station is not the issue. Would appreciate anybody's insight if they experienced a similar problem and would more than welcome any suggestion relative to a solution. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

docking station issue

Did you verify that docking station works for that laptop? Just because it fits doesn't mean it will work.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation