Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11-n001sa x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I need to downgrade my HP Pavilion 11-n001sa x360 PC operating system to enable me to run the new Renault clip software.

Have always used HP computers and have purchase two of the HP Pavilion 11-n001sa x360 PCs.

Having replaced the harddrive in one of these machines, and purchased a windows 7 32 bit pro operating system disc, I have tried, without succes to install windows 7 from my external usb optical drive.

It starts installing windows 7, then come up with an error messasage, stating an unexpected problem has occered.

I obviously need to change some of the bios setting, please adives.

Regards,

Trevor Hutchinson.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to install W7, you have to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.

W7 is not compatible with secure boot.

See this guide for what settings to change.

https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054/

HP Recommended

I have set bios setting as stated.

Windos 7 starts to load from external usb drive, then I get missing drivers message, cd/dvd drivers!

What drivers sould I be using, and where to obtain them.

HP Recommended

You need to use this utility to put the USB 3 drivers into your W7 USB installation flash drive.

There is a readme file on the page for how to use the tool.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

HP Recommended

Thank you for that info.

I have just looked at the link supplied, unfortunatly it only states windows 7 64bit, I will be installing win7 32 bit.

If I install the 64 bit divers will it still be ok?

HP Recommended

You can try running the tool on a 64 bit OS just to install the drivers.

If you look at the unzipped file, you will see that there is a 32 bit driver folder in there.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately I don't have any other ideas you can try.

The notebook was designed to be run on W10 only, and I have no idea where you are going to find 32 bit graphics drivers for it.

HP Recommended

The laptop came with windows 8 installed from new.

Hopefully windows 8 drivers will work?

HP Recommended

I doubt any of the W8 drivers will work on W7 32 bit.

Certainly not the graphics drivers, and there are no USB 3 drivers for W8 as they are included with the operating system.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.