cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

driver update to W10

HP Recommended
Probook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Update from W7 to W10 worked without problem. But the hardware manager did not find four drivers.

1. The hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband
  2. The finger print reader
  3. plus it shows two unidentied units.

The 2012 software CD from HP - which contains the old drivers - cannot even be opened under W10.

The HP-support site shows driver update for the Mobile Broadband only up to W8.1  !!

I really do not need the finger print reader, but without the Mobile Broadband, I cannot connect to a WLAN.

Does anybody has a solution or had a similar problem?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi dear
You upgrade your windows 7 to Windows 10. During installation your all drivers not properly install that's why some applications not working. So just reinstall your windows 10 better first download then install. I hope your problem will solve
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello HafizBilal,

Thank you for your comment. I am still the thread starter. For some reasons,  they did not like my original name.

I made a complete newstart with W10 from a DVD with an iso image. I suppose that is that what you meant.

Even four years ago - when I installed W7 from an iso - I had to read in these files (now missing) from a HP Driver Installation Disk. Under W10 this old W7 Installation disk is recognized, but not readable.

I have connected the Probook with an Ethernet cable - no problems with emails and Internet. But the Hardware Manager cannot find the new drivers for four applications. My old notes tell me, that the same problem occurrecd four years ago. Evidently the HP people do some special tricks that makes it difficult to find support outside their own proprietary  zone.

Also,  I need support for the HP hs 2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband. I searched their HP WEB Support sites, they offer only updates for 8.1 and lower, but not higher. For a business laptop not older than four years...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
31 29 2 6
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try the driver for Windows 8.1?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation