cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ADAMaim
Level 2
36 24 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

drivers

HP Recommended
550-153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I recently bought a new GPU (Zotac gtx 1050Ti 4gb) for my HP 550-153na and I was going to uninstall the drivers for the dedicated GPU allready inside my PC the AMD Radeon R5 330... BUT CAN'T FIND THE DRIVERS OR THE UNINSTALL PROGRAMME! PLEASE HELP! I was also wondering if the DDU GPU driver uninstaller would find the drivers and do the job for me!

THANKS V MUCH ANSWER NEEDED ASAP!

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,981 124,337 20,690 31,777
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is what I recommend...

If you don't see the amd catalyst control center in the Programs list in the control panel, the easiest thing to do to uninstall the graphics adapter and driver is this...

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Right click on the AMD graphics adapter, and select Uninstall.

Also check the Uninstall Driver box.

Instead of restarting the PC as prompted, shut it down, unplug it, and install the new one.

Before you do any of that, if your PC came with W8 or newer, you need to change two BIOS settings before installing your new video card.

See this link for what settings to change...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ADAMaim
Author
Level 2
36 24 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks, i know about the legacy thing and btw what is legacy?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,981 124,337 20,690 31,777
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your'e very welcome.

The legacy BIOS setting allows the PC to boot in non-UEFI mode.

https://phoenixts.com/blog/uefi-vs-legacy-bios/

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation