Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (817 Views)

drops internet connection windows 8 hp envy dv7

I have an hp envy d7 Notebook

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

It keeps dropping the network.  If I click on the network icon on the bottom right it shows the network and usually that will make it reconnect... so annoying to do so much

Help please

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (802 Views)

Re: drops internet connection windows 8 hp envy dv7

artygirl8107 wrote:

I have an hp envy d7 Notebook

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

It keeps dropping the network.  If I click on the network icon on the bottom right it shows the network and usually that will make it reconnect... so annoying to do so much

Help please

Hi,

I believe that you have got an Envy Dv7-7000 series. There are many posts on this forum about the Intel 2230 and connectivity problems on Windows 7 or 8. I suggest to replace it. If the laptop is Intel based get the latest Intel 7260-AC. It should work on Envy Dv6/7-7000 or Envy TouchSmart 15/17 Intel based laptops.

http://ark.intel.com/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260

Dv6-7000 Debian Stretch
HP ProBook 640 G1 Hackintosh High Sierra/Debian Stretch
HP Touchpad provided by HP

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation