cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

dv4-2045dx Wireless Card Drivers and BSOD

HP Recommended

Purchased a brand new dv4-2045dx the very first day it came out. The first thing it did out of the box is pop up with a fatal exception error. I determined that it is the Atheros mini-pci wireless card drivers that are causing the issue (SPS:518436-001). The only solution seems to be to disable the "virtual wi-fi mini port" in device manager.

Even though the machine is sold with Windows 7 on it, HP does not seem to even have drivers for this card on their site. If I go to downloads for this model I only get Broadcom drivers to choose from.

Are there correctly functional drivers available for this card, or alternately is there another mini-pci card that will work in the laptop?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 358
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you run windows update and check the optional updates? most driver updates are marked as optional and the automatic windows update doesn't install those.
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, unfortunately none were found.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation