cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nb2014
Level 2
11 8 1 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

dv6 laptop sound not working

my dv6 laptop sound stops working after replace fan, please help. Downloaded and installed new IDT driver but still nothing. please advice.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Please provide the Product Number of your Notebook. (Do not post the serial number due to security reasons)

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Support

Also try running HP Support Assistant and check for any pending updates. 

0 Kudos
nb2014
Level 2
11 8 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thanks for your quick response. Product number VX070AV. I tried to run HP support assistant it shows no update pending. looking forward for your help.

0 Kudos
nb2014
Level 2
11 8 1 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just now I found sound works when my pc connected to a tv through HDM cable. However, pc itself does not have any sound. Any guess ? 

0 Kudos
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Seems to be a problem with the speakers as the sound card is fine... Did you check with a headphone? Check if you can hear through a earphone. maybe the speaker cable is not connected properly when fan was replaced.

You can try the steps from this link and check. Also perform a BIOS update if it is not yet updated..

No Sound from the Speakers

If a problem continues then as a last step try performing a recovery.

If the Fan was replaced by HP then contact tech support again to get the sound problem fixed or if you have replaced the fan yourself then reassemble and check the cable connections inside.

nb2014
Level 2
11 8 1 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks a lot for your advice. I replaced the fan by myself. But I dont know which cable is for speaker. Do have any video showing  how to fix speaker cable in case the problem is there. 

0 Kudos
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Here is the user manual for your model. It has instructions to replace all parts for your notebook. It should help..

HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Here is another one for Videos.. You can search for similar models to see video instructions from this link:

HP Partner Services Media Library

Highlighted
nb2014
Level 2
11 8 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, my pc sound works. Thanks a lot for your help. I highly appreciate that. It was my fault. I did not connect speaker cable properly. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation