cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jasons_Girl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dv6000 lacks proper screen resolution

I just got my laptop back today from HP after sending it in to have the wireless card replaced. Of course, it came back with "factory settings". That's fine with me...however, the screen resolution isn't right. I can only choose from 800x600 and 1024x768. I've looked at the advanced settings, and there's still nothing satisfactory. I believe that I want it to be at 1280x800, or something along those lines. Right now, everything looks slightly stretched horizontally, and it's driving me nuts. I've installed a few drivers, but I'm not even sure as to which one I'm specifically looking for. I should also note that I'm running Vista on this. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,683 38,140 3,339 14,030
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use  the "Support & Drivers" button above to find your drivers page.Install the latest video/graphics driver.Check for complete model number as shown in section 1 below,and use it.P/N in section 2 also will work.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Merenwen
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I have installed the latest drivers, both via the HP websie and via Windows Vista update, and I cannot get the resolution to widescreen or above 1048x768.

Forgot to say, It's a dv6552ea

Message Edited by Merenwen on 10-10-2009 09:23 AM
0 Kudos
grswindlehu
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CONFIRMED: Driver update suggested by CherylG is the solution to this problem.

How I developed the problem:

1. Completely wiped HP dv6000 laptop and installed Windows 7 fresh.  Left the HP RECOVERY partition for reinstall to Windows Vista Home Premium if problem arises.

2. Resolution max 1024x768 resulted.

3. Reinstalled WINDOWS VISTA (32-bit) version NVIDEA graphics driver found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=1842155&task=&

4. Screen resolution maximum of 1280x800 (max pixels) now supported.

-G

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation