cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Phoenix_123 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

dv7-4090ca keyboard special characters

My keyboard has special characters in blue.  How do I acivate or deactivate the use of them.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hold down fn and ctrl then double tap on the right shift to disable blue keys. Same way to turn it on but use single tap on the right shift.

Phoenix_123 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wow...   No wonder I couldn`t figure that one out.  That is a strange keyboard combo to invoke.

Where did you find thatone  out?  Anyways, I do thank you for the solution and taking the time to share it.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Its really a strange combo so you will really have a hard time guessing. Or try to check the region and language settings, make sure canada-french is not chosen as one of the keyboard layout..

Glad it helped you..:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation