cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
intellix
Level 1
9 5 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dv8-1110ea recovery image

Hey, got a massive virus a couple of weeks ago and when I tried to recover it had also corrupt the recovery partition.

Would be nice if HP just uploaded the recovery image rather than making us pay for a recovery disc. Yeah you can do it before it all happens but who honestly does that before it happens?

Also my wireless keeps flickering on/off/on/off and even with the latest patch nothing was done. Feel like I spent £900 on a laptop and have been thrown into a keep net and expected to buy another machine.

Same thing happened with my Dell machine as well. I think its the same with all of these companies who just churn out model after model of computer and leave you in the dust without support.

Developer of Konoro Kingdom (http://www.konoro.org/)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dante316
Level 4
40 40 4 47
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you can run recovery even if your computer is infected with virus, tour partition rarely gets corrupt with virus

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
AmberB
Level 2
9 8 2 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

^^What he said^^ adding that it is possible your recovery partition is just fine but your recovery is failing because of the wifi adapter acting up, which is apparently a common issue.

When you press the recovery F-key at bootup, how far does it get? Does it give you any error messages or codes? What options can you choose from?

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation