cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bevvzy
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

elitebook 850 Static turning computer off immediately

elitebook 850
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a  new, well 2 month old elitebook, cost 3000 dollars, could have got cheaper but wanted a reliable laptop!  The other day it woul not turn on, i tired and tried. I got a quick flash of the hp icon and the press escape to... (not long enough to read whole message) and then off it turned. Called HP support. The remote accessed and todl me to hold down speaker nd power 30 seonds and release. Repeat for 15 seconds and release. I did it and it worked, fantastic. Only one issue, it only lasts from 2 minutes to maybe 30 max and switches off losing whatever I am doing.    Today I made 3 attempt to write and send an emai, as it turned of after about 1.5 minutes in mid action. Lucky it has bow been on long enough for this. This is not a now and then, this is an EVERY single day!  and many many times a day.  They told me it happened due to static charge but I dont know that I buy it ie I am in a nursing home, I am in bed 24 /7, why would it be that and why so constant?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation