Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
anngillard Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

elitebook folio 9480m USB ports not recognizing what I plug in

Elitebook Folio 9489m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have always had trouble getting this laptop to recognize what I plug into the USB ports, but usually could get it pick up what I plug in if I tried the different ports several times.

At the moment, I'm trying to get the computer to recognize a GoPro 4 Silver when I plug it in. I can get the device to charge, but the computer doesn't seem to recognize it. I troubleshooted on the GoPro side, and all is in order there.

I updated the BIOS last week, and today updated everything that said "USB" in the list of driver updates. 

Running out of ideas - please help! Thanks so much!

-Ann

2 REPLIES
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
70 6 19
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

>First check if hp client security is installed , if so , then
>Please disable  the JUST IN TIME AUTHENTICATION  in HP Client security under device permissions
> Instead of  disblaing it, you could also uninstall device access manager

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
Techtoday

Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3492 288 627
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As the last advisor stated please check to see if you're running the HP security program it will disable the USB ports.

However since you used to be able to get it to work by reseatong the devices several times and you might well have a hardware failure and in most HP notebooks some or all of the USB ports are on the motherboard.

If your machine is in warranty you need to contact HP tech support for further advice.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation