cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bigshot00
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

envy 14 1015tx beats audio volume too low

HP Recommended

Hello,

After installing linux on envy 14 laptop, volume of speakers in both Windows 7 and linux is tooo low...

What problem might have happened?

Did linux overwrite something in speaker controllers RAM? (i.e. if they have such a thing) because reinstalling driver in Win 7, doesn't fix the isssue!

How do I get normal loud volume back? Did linux screw up the laptop badly?

How to fix this low volume (beats audio) issue? I also tried Equalization but still volume stays low...

I have to bring ears very near the speakers to hear the sound...

4 REPLIES 4
UniProg
Level 9
4,677 4,685 236 575
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello bigshot00,

Normally, I'll ask someone to do this, for the low volume issue, however these instructions are for a Windows application, not Linux.

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. 

Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button. 

Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. 

Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
bigshot00
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope, I tried what you wrote (enabling loudness equalization), still getting 'low' sound output...

This sucks, got any more work arounds or has linux ''damaged'' laptop's sound chip?

bigshot00
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

^~~bump

what to do, live with low sound or is there some light around the corner?

ROLLAN5
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i mean man- all this program makers alway trying to make better.. my look Realitec was  good and beats audio its just like sub product.....-made for the idiotes...So thei didnt damage own health-like they realy care lol..... but i cant listen music loud and it sucks....

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation