cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

I just bought the HP Envy and it has an AC adapter that does 120-240v AC but the power cord that plugs into the adapter says 7a 125v. Does that mean that that power cord will not work in a 240v AC country?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,470
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

@ Craigerhome

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I understand that you would like to know if  the power cord (7a 125v) that came with our HP Envy laptop will work with 240v AC power outlet.

I'd like to mention that you will need a separate power cord to work with a 250v power outlet. The AC adapter will still work and only thing you need is a new power cord for 250v power outlet. 

Keep me posted f you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

Thank you for your reply. I thought that was the case. Can you give me a part number so I can buy it?

Again thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,470
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

@Craigerhome

You're welcome. 🙂 Please let me know the exact model no. of your HP Envy laptop and I will find the correct power cord for this model. This link will help you find the laptop model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l.

I will wait for your response. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

I have the HP Envy Notebook 15-as133cl. A part number and I will order it right.

Thank you,

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,470
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

@Craigerhome

Thanks for the info. I have done a lot of research and found that the power cord would have a different part no. it the country it is marketed in. Mostly these power cords are widely available in the countries that use 240v outlet. Any generic 240v power cable that fits into your 45W AC adapter (nPFC SMART AC adapter 4.5mm) will work fine. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy laptop power cord

Thanks. We just found it in Peru. So we are good. Thank you for the effort.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation