Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15 -1023wm touchscreen

My HP 15 screen touch laptop keeps giving me an error message C0000022 fatal error applying update operation 54323 of 55580.  I can not even go to any window or systems. When I turn computer on it starts out by saying Preparing Automatic Repair and will not let me do anything to it.  Then it goes to AUTOMATIC REPAIR ,THEN IT SAYS MY PC DID NOT START correctly and to restart the computer or go to advanced options.  I have tried them but have no disk to insert.  Can anyone help me? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

My HP 15 screen touch laptop keeps giving me an error message C0000022 fatal error applying update operation 54323 of 55580.  I can not even go to any window or systems. When I turn computer on it starts out by saying Preparing Automatic Repair and will not let me do anything to it.  Then it goes to AUTOMATIC REPAIR ,THEN IT SAYS MY PC DID NOT START correctly and to restart the computer or go to advanced options.  I have tried them but have no disk to insert.  Can anyone help me? 

HP Recommended

Hello @specialkids

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

Most probably the issue occured because the Windows Update failed to download/install correctly.

It may be due to some 3rd party inteference or just because of faulty/buggy update from Microsoft - happens occasionally.

In order to fix it, first check the basic hardware to rule our hardware issue and then use System Restore.

Perform some basic hardware checks

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check.

Let me know the test results. If the tests pass without issues, continue. If not, please, let me know

4. Repeat steps 1-2 above but when HP Startup menu opens, please choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Please, perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Please, restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is more info:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

If/when you manage to boot to Windows desktop, please let me know - we are not ready

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
This video has been updated: https://youtu.be/14GKIpGPNRM Learn how to test your HP computer hardware using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. For other helpful videos go to http://hp.com/supportvideos or http://youtube.com/hpcomputingsupport. More support options for your computing device are ...
HP Recommended

Note that your 2 posts have been merged into one single thread to keep it all in one place

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi! @specialkids, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are getting error C0000022 on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Did you manually download and install the windows update?

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC to assist your better.

Try performing a system restore on your PC and then try running the windows update again.

Refer this article to know how to perform a system restore on your PC.

Most probably the issue occurred because the Windows Update failed to download/install correctly.
It may be due to some 3rd party interference or just because of faulty/buggy update from Microsoft - happens occasionally.
1. Please, shut down the computer using the power button
2. Power it on.
3. Keep tapping the F2 key on your PC system diagnostics screen would open.
3. Perform System Test >> Quick test.

Refer this article to know more information about system diagnostics. 

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! @specialkids,

“We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Mr.Robot,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!”

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.