cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

error fan notice at the start

HP Recommended

hi 

i'm from indonesian, i have hp pavilion g4 notebook pc model g4-2308tx

i have a problem with fan internal, and if i turn on the laptop i get the notice about error fan (909)

so what can i do for solve the problem about the fan internal? thanks before and please reply this

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,699 3,952
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Try updating the all the windows updates through control panel & HP drivers updates & BIOS from the link, Select you operating system - click next - scroll down for updating BIOS & drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?swlinkmsg=100&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=bph07165&lc=e...

Is there any loud noise? Can you hear the cooling fan working?

Keep the laptop cool with cooling pad.

Test for hardware failure, do extensive & quick test of hard drive & memory. Here is a link to help you: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

If none of the troubleshooting works & if you still get the fan error message, you may have to go for replacement of it.

Here is the user manual of your product.

The HP part number of the cooling fan is 680551-001 & for while fan/heat sink assembly(includes replacement thermal material) please refer to Page 22, 23, 81 - 83 of the manual after verifying the specs of your product.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for your helping

sorry if i want to ask some question again

i heard loud noise from cooling fan, so the fan is not broken? 

and one again

i have passed test any test but to test the fan included in the what? hard drive test or component test? or when upgrading the bios before?

thanks from here ! 🙂

please reply again 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,699 3,952
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi

Loud fan indicates mechanical problem if none of the troubleshooting steps would for you: Go through this document -
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02856779

You have to test the hard drive & memory - both quick & extensive test to rule out hardware problems before going ahead with fan replacement.
Also update the BIOS & drivers of your laptop from the website I have posted above.

Thanks,

***Click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION to help others with the same problem***

***Click KUDOS to say thanks***
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation