cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dianeb Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error message hpqimzone when shutting down -

Hope someone can help me -

I have an HP Pavilion , model # dv5210us , with Windows XP.

I just recently started getting an error message when I'm shutting down - hpqimzone ...  can anyone tell me what I need to do to get rid of this?

I am working on a network,  my desktop is a Dell, my printer is a lexmark -

I would appreciate any help you can offer -

thank you,

Diane

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2999 2985 219 353
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error message hpqimzone when shutting down -

Usually an error message at shutdown means something is still running (maybe in the background).

If you didn't start it (app, service, dll, etc.), it maybe:

1. In your startup menu (All Programs->Startup), these are the things will automatically run when you log in

2. System services

3. registry setting in the "RUN" section.

Might want try the msconfig tool.

===================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation