cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,047
Message 21 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

HP does not make the available hard drives for the notebook. To determine the manufacturer, you would need to search the part number (the xxxxxx-xxx number) online to find it.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
lunfardo
Level 5
410 333 0 1
Message 22 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

well, who do you think makes it??????

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,047
Message 23 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

Each one I listed could be made from a different manufacturer. You would need to research each one for specifics.

For example, I searched the 644351-001 hard drive; the 750 GB one. After some digging, I found it was supplied my Western Digital.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
lunfardo
Level 5
410 333 0 1
Message 24 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

but when you said faulty hardware, could it be considered an underlying issue or not????????

0 Kudos
Localyocal
Level 3
42 22 1 3
Message 25 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

Hi..just sayin fyi...My dv7 6195 pavillion windows 7 64 bit..came w two Toshiba hardrives factory installed..I often wonder why hp would use hardrives from a competator mfg...
lunfardo
Level 5
410 333 0 1
Message 26 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

who are you?  the independent service center that i took my computer to replaced it with toshiba hard drives but then told me that they turned out to be defective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  what do you think???????????????  rsvp. 

0 Kudos
lunfardo
Level 5
410 333 0 1
Message 27 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

mario this hp g7-1219wm notebook pc has been the WORST computer of my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  the people at the service center told me not to do updates or download anything from the activity center because since its a laptop its not as powerful as a desktop!!!!!!!!!!!!!  my computer froze when wanting to turn off and it was like that for like one hour!  this computer is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now the wifi button stays orange and doesnt turn white like its supposed to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  just error messages all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  what should i do????????????  rsvp.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired george-p
Retired
15,312 9,281 121 368
Message 28 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error messages

Hi @lunfardo ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. Please be respectful of other Community Members if they offer a Suggestion. I would like to remind you about the Rules of Participation." Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions. 

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation