Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,369 Views)
Accepted Solution

explorer.exe error

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion e002au laptop bought around 5 months back with Windows 8.

I am getting explorer.exe error after logging in each time. The laptop seems to working normally but can anyone please tell me what is this error and how can it be eliminated?

I have an original version of antivirus and getting Windows updates regularly.

Is it dangerous for the laptop?

Regards,

Vikram P. Gupte

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: explorer.exe error

Hi Vikram6880,

When performing any type of system check you should always back up your documents. The refresh does not affect any documents. It just does a refresh of the system.

Thanks.

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Vikram6880,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion e002au Notebook and the error explorer.exe after logging in. I would try to perform a hard reset first. Here is a link to Microsoft that will help you refresh your Notebook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,330 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I will try to perform the actions suggested by you.

Please let me know whether this may affect the data already exisitng on the hard drive of the laptop.

Should I take a backup of the data before performing this action or it is safe to do the action as it is?

Regards,

Vikram P. Gupte

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (1,324 Views)

Hi Vikram6880,

When performing any type of system check you should always back up your documents. The refresh does not affect any documents. It just does a refresh of the system.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (1,295 Views)

Hi Mrs. Tenter,

Thank you for your response. I tried the suggestion given by you last night and after refreshing the laptop, I am not getting the error message.

Let us hope that the problem is permanently fixed.

Regards,

Vikram P. Gupte

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation