cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JessTrevathan Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset no admin password

hp 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

let someone use my lapto and said person locked me out of my admin account by changing passwords. how can i reset to factory defaults with out admin password?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1,973 1,956 301 583
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Use the below link which shows how to reinstall the Operating System to factory defaults. Once you perform system recovery all the data stored in the unit will be deleted and the unit will be set to day one.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03489643

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
18,505 16,465 1,532 3,657
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JessTrevathan

I've see lots of posts in this forum where folks said that they tried to do a reset but the PC prompted for their password to start running it.  If that proves to be the case with yours, you need to consider an alternative approach ...

Sorry, we're not allowed to tell you how to bypass the password ... but ... if you Google for Trinity Rescue Kit, you will be lead to a site where you can download an image file from which you can burn a CD. They might also have USB images -- don't know for sure.

If you get a lot of results, then go to the MajorGeeks site -- that is trustworthy.

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Once you have made the boot media, boot your PC and use the option to BLANK the password.

After that, you should be able to login to the PC -- and then, set a new password.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation